Friday, February 23, 2007

My Brother Darryl, And My Other Brother Darryl

Sometimes you have to look pretty hard for the real story, and it wasn't any different today when I started reading this piece about the Man U v. Lille fracas. While it's all well and good that the Red Devils are in the clear concerning their smash and grab goal, the noteworthy item in the report is clearly about Gary and Phil Neville's dad. No, I'm not talking about that fact that the Neville patriarch went to France for last Tuesday's match.

If you scroll about half way down the page, you'll notice that the guy's first name is Neville. There's actually somebody walking around England right now who's name is Neville Neville. My only disappoint is that he didn't take a page out of George Foreman's playbook and name all his sons after himself. Well, you win some, you lose some.

Uefa backs United over Lille walk-off [Guardian Unlimited]

-ac

No comments: