Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Quote Of The Day

"My town is a veritable soccer mecca. Each weekend every single man, woman and child can be found at the sports complex where hordes of children seemingly as young as six-months-old try to kick the crap out of the soccer ball as they move up and down the field in one big dust cloud. I don’t know this for sure, but I suspect the town council keeps a list of the soccer faithful and duly notes those in town, and there aren’t many, who refuse to drink the soccer Kool-Aid.

Count me in with that small, dysfunctional anti-soccer mob. However, one day I’m sure my new son, now only five-months-old, will toddle up to me and ask to sign up for soccer. As a supportive parent, regardless of my personal feelings about the game, I’m sure I’ll look down into his eager blue eyes and realize the universal appeal of the sport. At which point I’ll tossle his hair, hand him his very first Rawlings mitt and take him out back to learn the art of catching a fly ball."

-Mike Baker, offering a red state view of soccer.

Will 'Endless War on Terror' End in Global Soccer Game? [Fox News]

-ac

No comments: