Thursday, July 12, 2007

Making Baby Jesus Cry

You must really be in dire straights to use the image of Jesus being crucified to sell season tickets. La Liga side Getafe have launched a new and exciting ad campaign in an effort to pump up their ticket sales. Though church leaders are in vocal opposition to using such an image for commercial reasons, they took a look at the box office receipts for The Passion of the Christ and decided to shut the hell up.

Getafe apologise but stand by controversial advert [Reuters]

-ac

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Okay, let's try this again. That deletion was me -- my bad.

But anyhoo. How much do I need this shirt? A LOT, that's how much.

I am going to search out the link and forward it to my husband before my next birthday. (Last year it was a Zidane shirt, this year Jesus. There is some sort of deep psychological meaning here. I'm sure of it.)