Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Life Between The Sticks

No one said it was easy being a keeper for one of the world's most famous clubs. That being the case, why is Gianluigi Buffon always bitching about one thing or the other? Gigi got off easy the other day after allegations of gambling surfaced last year. Though cleared of having any personal involvement in throwing games, he has decided (again) not to put the past behind him:
"I paid for the fact I am a Juventus player, clearly. I was torn to shreds in the newspapers on a personal level, but although I'm not proud of it, my betting was a private matter and not in any way illegal. Some spend a fortune on special edition cars, I made the odd bet online. Anyone who knows me realises I could never throw a game. I know I am a lucky man and that's where my drive and hatred of complaining comes from."
Lucky indeed, as you can see by the picture above.

Today, the Italian number one sat down for a press conference at the club's Vinovo training center. He commented on the upcoming friendly against Milan as well as where he thought Juve would be at this point in the Serie B season. If you believe anything from this site, he maybe enjoying the Serie A glamour life somewhere other than Turin next season. [ESPN Soccernet, Juventus official site, Tribal Football]

In other Juve news:
  • Transfer plans revealed. [Channel 4]
  • Didier Deschamps is getting an extension through 2010, if he can meet a couple prerequisites first. [Goal.com]
-ac

No comments: