Saturday, September 30, 2006

What Exactly Happened In Lisbon?

I wasn't in the stadium, I only watched this match on TV, but I have to say that I didn't think that the Benfica supporters were singling out Manchester United's black players. ESPN's color commentator, Tommy Smyth, made mention of it during the broadcast. His partner, Derek Rae, didn't seem to agree, as least not verbally. I thought that all of United's players were getting some stick, especially Cristiano Ronaldo.

I'll wait for more information to come out on this one before taking what Smyth said or what The Sun has published as the unvarnished truth. I don't think it couldn't have happened, I just didn't hear it myself. Anyone else hear different as they watched it? Anyone at the game able to confirm or deny?

Man Utd in fury at racist abuse [The Sun]

-ac

No comments: